Revelation 21:1-4, “Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.””
Revelation shows us the perfected kingdom that we all long for. God is on His throne, and we see that He has everything under control.
Out With the Old as we get a glimpse of:
• The eradication of the power of evil, originating from Satan himself.
• The end of the wicked and deceitful prostitute or Babylon, which represents the world.
In With the New as we are shown a glorious picture of:
• The new creation with all of its glory (Rev. 21:1)
• The new Jerusalem in all of its splendor (Rev. 21:2)
• The new temple as God’s glorious presence is eternally everywhere with His people (Rev. 21:3)
The point is clear: there will be no special place in the new creation where God’s presence will be concentrated and no holy building to go to if we want to meet with him. The whole place is a temple. We patiently wait, crying out “Come, Lord Jesus” (Rev. 22:20).