Romans 1:16-17, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”“
Paul says that the Gospel reveals the righteousness of God to us. It is through Christ, that the righteousness is imparted to each believer, and thus we can stand rightly before God.
But how should this tie into our daily lives? When we preach the Gospel to ourselves:
• It sets our eyes on God’s holy standards met by Christ.
• It keeps the cross at the center of our lives.
• It keeps us from comparing ourselves to other believers.
• It gives us hope, joy, and courage to pursue holiness.
• It reminds us of the forgiveness we have in Christ.
• It keeps us from living in fear of condemnation.
• It transforms us through beholding Christ.
• It helps us keep a proper perspective on our suffering
Therefore beloved, learn to ‘preach the Gospel to yourself’ every day, and in the joy and strength of knowing your sins are forgiven and sin’s dominion is broken! Press on to become holy as He is holy!